Yoga is so much more than a workout. If there is something that really just covers everything you need… it is yoga. Cardio, strength, relaxation, flexibility, recovery, focus… there really isn’t something that Yoga cannot provide you with. Dealing with anxiety? Depression? Stress? Creative block? Back pain? Headaches? Yoga can help with all of that. Want beautifull abs? A booty? Clear skin? Yoga can help.
I used to have lower back pain (a symptom of sitting at a computer all day), but since I began practicing yoga regularily I haven’t had any of that. Many yoga poses are hip openers, which helps tremendously with lower back pain. What ailment do you have? I am sure yoga can help 🙂
Common ailments solved by yoga:
- Back Pain – Yoga can help strengthen and reallign your spine. Multiple studies show that people who practice Yoga regurarily show less symptoms of chronic back pain. http://www.yogajournal.com/category/poses/yoga-by-benefit/back-pain/
- Allergies (sinus issues) – The immunity boosting and stress relieving aspect of Yoga can help relieve allergies. Also, the nasal breathing practices common in most Yoga help clear up allergies as well. http://yoga.about.com/od/yogatherapy/a/yogaallergies.htm
- Insomnia – The relaxing, physical and deep breathing in Yoga can help you improve your sleep patterns. Try these poses before bed: http://www.prevention.com/fitness/yoga/yoga-poses-insomnia
- Anxiety – Personally, this is where Yoga helped me the most. I used to have regular anxiety but it has mostly disappeared since I regurarily practice yoga. Now, whenever I experience a slight bit of anxiety, Yoga is my go-to and problem solved! Yoga can do wonders for stress or anxiety.
- Posture – A regular yoga practice will improve spinal health by improving balance and aligning head, shoulders, and pelvis. Try these poses: http://yoga.about.com/od/yogatherapy/tp/yogaforposture.htm
- Carpal Tunnel Snydrom – Yoga can reduce the pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrom by lubricating joints and improving your grip. Here are some poses to reduce such pain: http://www.yogajournal.com/category/yoga-by-benefit/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/
- Bad Complexion – The restorative & meditative breaths and the increased circulation is known to improve your skin’s complexion. Here are some great poses for your skin: http://www.artofliving.org/yoga/health-and-wellness/yoga-for-glowing-skin
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Lung Capacity
- Fight off a cold