Some people have asked me how I stay motivated. Aren’t there days I just don’t feel like working out? I’d be lying if I said no. Here are some tips to stay motivated about working out:
- Routine. Have a routine. Workout every morning before starting your day. Then it becomes a habit just like brushing your teeth.
- Do fun workouts. Find something that you LOVE and stick with it. Don’t force yourself to go to yoga if you hate yoga. Pick something you can look forward to.
- Change it up. I love variety. Try new things. Give classpass a go.
- Schedule workouts with friends. For example, go to Yoga with your roommate every Sunday or spin every Wednesday before work. Commit to someone.
- Make it cost you. A Soul Cycle class costs about $34. No chance you’re just going to skip that! It’s $34!
- Schedule your workouts ahead of time. This is why I like classes. I book all the classes I want to do in a week at once. Then the hassle of having to cancel it outweighs any workout demotivation I may have. It’s in my agenda, so I go.
- Track your workouts and progress. Keep a calendar, track your weight loss, and watch your body change.
- If you feel demotivated one day, get your cute workout clothes on immediately. Once in your in them you should feel motivated to use them!